Wednesday, February 24, 2010

california love..

We went to San Diego!
I never have a break from school, I go throughout the week and then even on Saturday. But, over Valentine weekend it worked out out that I had a 5 day weekend!! INCREDIBLE!!
(we get to chose ONE saturday to have off, so somehow it worked out for me to have my break over a holiday weekend). Chris is also so busy with work and school all the time so we were both so happy to get away for a few days and relax and think about nothing.
we got a hotel on the beach and mostly just sat around, hot tubbed, watched a lot a waves and sunsets, visited almost every beach in San Diego area, and best of all...went to the San Diego zoo!!
DELISH.
the Gorillas were by FAR our favorite.
we watched the family play and eat and play and fight for a VERY long time. it was so amazing. I really wanted to take them home with me....I bet Kuzko would like them. :)
we didn't save time to do a session but we walked around and hung out at the temple for a while! yay
...and they lived happily ever after! the end.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm a little envious. But so happy that yo guys got a break and had some time together. And the gorilla's would have been my favorite part too. I LOVE them.

Alicia & Colby said...

That is so fun that you got to run off and live happily ever after... well for a bit! I bet is stunk coming back home. Your pics are cute.

Anonymous said...

That is a cute post. I am so darn glad you guys got to and have fun!! I love the picture of you guys sitting on the bench. You should really frame that.

Tamie said...

ah memories of SD.....i'm glad that you guys got away...i actually always preferred going to the wilda animal park rather than the zoo....but i'm glad you had a nice time...and yeah, isn't the temple beautiful!?!?

Corybander said...

Whoooooo! What a weekend! Incredible: Pizza, Temples, Gorillas. Life is wonderful.

aubreyannie said...

glad you had time to get away and be together! paul and i loved {love} taking trips together. it's been so long since we have though..

aubreyannie said...

you asked about my camera..it's just a canon powershot. i love it!

Niki and Nick Hendershot said...

Syderz!! I love you! It looks like you are doing great! I miss you lots! Let's get together very soon! I bet you are glad you are not going to Nebraska this summer anymore!! New York will be funner for ya! Love ya girlie!